Frequently Asked Questions about BitHera.
I. How to Register an account on BitHera
1. Please access BitHera’s official website and click the [Register] button on the top right-hand side.
- A strong password (a combination of numbers and letters which at least contain 8 characters, one UPPER CASE letter, and one number) is recommended.
- If you’ve been referred to register on BitHera by a friend, make sure to fill in the right Referral ID (optional).
3. After you click on the【Create account】button, we will immediately send you a confirmation email to the address you’ve specified. Please check your inbox to confirm your registration.
4. Once you receive the confirmation email, please click on the 【Confirm Email】button to confirm your registration.
For your own account security, make sure to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) after your first login.
II. In case you forget your Password
1. Please access BitHera’s official website and click the【Log in】button on the top right-hand side.
2. Click 【Forgot your password】and follow the instruction.
I. How to activate Google 2FA Authentication
Log in to your BitHera account. Go to the Account Settings and click 【Google Authentication】 button.
You will be directed to the “Enable Google Authentication” page. Below is a guide to help you enable Google Authenticator to improve your BitHera account security.
Step 1: Install Google Authenticator
Download and install the Google Authenticator in App Store (for iOS) or Google Play (for Android). After installation, click 【Next】to proceed further.
Step 2: Scan QR Code with your Google Authenticator app
A QR code and 16-digit key will be shown on the page. Open your Google Authenticator app, click the symbol【+】on the top right-hand side to scan the BitHera account's QR code, or you can manually enter the '2FA 16-digit key.'
Step 3: Save the Backup key
Make sure to save the 16-digit key, which can be used to re-bind your account in case you no longer have access to your previous Google Authenticator.
Step 4: Enable Google Authentication
Coming back to the BitHera page, you will need to fill in your login password and the Google Authentication code. In addition, an SMS Authentication Code is required if SMS 2FA is enabled.
II. How to deactivate Google 2FA Authentication
1. If your Google Authenticator is working normally, you can manually disable your Google 2FA by logging in to your BitHera account and navigating to 【Account Settings】tab and then clicking on【Disable】button in Google Authentication section.
2. If you’ve lost access to your Google Authenticator app or it has stopped working, you can reset your Google Authentication by using your registered email to send an email to [email protected], including your account ID and reasons. We will check and help you then.
III. Security Tips
1. In order to achieve greater security of your BitHera account, please remember to implement and follow the four major security principles listed below:
- DO NOT give your password to anyone!
- DO NOT call any phone number of someone claiming to be a BitHera employee or from the Support team！
- DO NOT send any money to anyone claiming to be a member of BitHera.
- Enable Two Factor Authentication！
2. Securing Your Trading Account
To improve the security of your BitHera account. See our list below:
- Use a unique email address and password for your account
You can use a secure password manager like LastPass or KeePass to easily keep track of your passwords and create more complex, secure passwords.
- Enable 2FA on your BitHera account
2FA adds an extra layer of protection to your account in case your password is compromised. Read more here.
- Always make sure to check the domain address you are visiting: https://www.bithera.com
Many phishing sites mimic BitHera’s domain or website to trick you into telling them your personal details. Make sure you’re visiting the real site.
- Don’t click links or open unknown attachments in emails
Unless you are absolutely sure the email was sent by BitHera.
- Secure your email account and phone, and use PGP
Enable fingerprint or passcode lock on your phone, use a secure email provider, and use 2FA for your email account. Whenever possible use PGP.
- Secure your computer
Don’t install unnecessary software on your computer, or software from untrusted developers. If possible, consider using a dedicated computer or partition for BitHera and trading. We recommend installing Linux, Chrome, a password manager plugin and nothing else.
- Subscribe to good antivirus software, and keep it updated
- Secure your internet connection
Always use a wired connection if possible. If you must use WiFi, consider routing your traffic through a VPN.
3. Scammers on Telegram
There are NO official BitHera Customer Support services being given in any of our official Telegram communities.
Anyone that claims to be BitHera Customer Service and messages you first in a private message is a scammer. If anyone asks you to send money to any address, they are also trying to scam you and should be ignored.
If you need to contact BitHera Customer Support, please send an email to [email protected] and we will do our best to respond as soon as possible.
4. Antivirus & Trojan Guidelines
It is recommended that you perform a full security scan on your computer periodically.
I. How to Deposit to BitHera
1. To start with, visit the BitHera website: https://www.bithera.com and Log In to your BitHera account.
2. After the login, please click [Wallet] - on the upper right-hand side of the page, and then click on [Deposit] in the banner on the left.
3. Input the abbreviation or full name of a coin/token that you want to deposit or select it from the list.
4. We will use BTC as an example. In order to quickly get the BTC deposit address for your account, click on [Copy BTC Deposit Address], and paste it to the corresponding platform’s address section, where you intend to withdraw your funds from.
Alternatively, you can also click [Show QR code], and use the corresponding platform’s mobile app to scan the QR code to complete your deposit to BitHera.
Please kindly be advised:
[Deposit] to BitHera is a withdrawal action from a corresponding platform or wallet.
In order to deposit BTC to BitHera, make sure to choose to withdraw BTC from the corresponding platform. Any non-BTC deposits that go to your BTC address on BitHera are more likely to be lost and unable to be retrieved.
5. When depositing some specific tokens, it's necessary to input not only the correct deposit address but also the [Tag] section which might be required for your deposit to be credited.
(NOTE: [Tag] may also refer to a Memo or Payment ID)
Please make sure that both [Tag] (if needed) and deposit address are accurate and correctly filled for your deposit to BitHera to be successful.
6. This time we will use EOS as an example. In order to quickly get your EOS deposit address and MEMO, click on both [Copy MEMO] and [Copy Address] buttons, and paste them to the corresponding platform’s or wallet’s MEMO and address section you intend to withdraw from.
You can also click [Show QR code], and use the corresponding platform’s mobile app to scan the QR code and complete your deposit to your BitHera account.
7. After you successfully deposit your funds to BitHera, you can go back to the User Dashboard, hover on [Deposit & Withdrawal History] to see the details and status of your recent deposits.
You can visit the blockchain to check the status and more details of any specific deposit transaction by clicking on the hash in the TxHash.
8. In addition, BitHera has integrated with the following platforms to enable our users to buy cryptocurrency with BTC, ETH or stablecoins.
If you want to buy or sell cryptocurrencies and stablecoins directly to your BitHera account, click on the [Buy/Sell Crypto] button.
II. In case Deposit has not been credited to your BitHera account
Why has my deposit not been credited yet?
An asset withdrawal marked as “completed” or “success” in one exchange system means that the transaction was successfully broadcasted to the blockchain network. It might still take some time for that particular transaction to become fully confirmed and credited to the destination exchange. The amount of required “network confirmations” varies for different blockchains.
Due to the possible network congestion of blockchain networks, there might have been a significant delay in processing your transaction. You may use the transaction ID (TxID) to look up the status of the transfer of your assets straight in its blockchain network.
If the transaction has not yet been fully confirmed by the blockchain network nodes, please wait in patience and try again later.
If the transaction is unconfirmed by the blockchain network, but it has also reached the minimum amount of network confirmations specified by our system please contact our Support team via [email protected] and mention TxID, coin/token name, deposit amount and transfer time. We will help to investigate immediately.
If the transaction is confirmed by the blockchain but not credited to your BitHera account, please provide us with the TxID, token name, deposit amount and time and our customer support will help to investigate immediately.
I. How to Withdraw from BitHera
1. Visit https://www.bithera.com and Log in to the BitHera account.
2. After the login, click on [Wallet] on the upper right-hand side of the page. Then, click on [Withdraw] button on the left banner.
3. Input the abbreviation or full name of a coin/token to withdraw, or select from the list.
4. Using BTC as an example, copy the [BTC Deposit Address] from the corresponding platform or wallet to which you want to withdraw your funds to and paste it to the [BTC Withdrawal Address] section.
After that, input the withdrawal amount of that asset. Our system will deduct the transaction fee, and calculate the amount you will actually get on the corresponding platform or wallet.
Please be kindly advised:
[Withdrawal] from BitHera is a deposit action to a counterparty platform or wallet.
If you choose to withdraw BTC from BitHera, make sure to input the BTC deposit address of the counterparty platform or wallet.
If you have not finished your account verification (ID Verification), your withdrawal limit is set to 3 BTC for every 24 hours.
5. Click on [Submit] and you will receive a confirmation email for this withdrawal. Please check all the information carefully, and click [Confirm Withdraw] to proceed.
For account safety reasons, the [Confirm Withdraw] link will be valid only for 60 mins. If this withdrawal was not submitted by you, please disable your account and contact our support team.
6. When withdrawing from the BitHera mobile app, and the link in the email does not work, you can also enter the verification code to confirm your withdrawal.
7. After you successfully withdraw your funds from BitHera, you can go back to the User center, hover on [Wallet]. Then click on [Deposit & Withdrawal History] on the left banner, select [Withdrawals] to see your recent withdrawals. Alternatively, if you want to know more details about your withdrawal transaction, you can check more details about it in its corresponding blockchain network. For that, click on the hash you’ll see in the Tx Hash.
II. How to Make Internal Transfer within BitHera
To facilitate the transfer operation for BitHera users, transactions between two BitHera users will be immediately credited, and no transaction fee will be charged.
Here we will illustrate an example in which a BitHera User A wants to transfer BNB to a BitHera User B:
User A's withdrawal operation is totally the same as for a normal withdrawal.
1. Visit www.bithera.com and log into the account.
2. After the login, click [Wallet] in the upper right corner. Then click on [Withdraw] on the left banner to open the withdrawal page.
3. Click here to select the coin to withdraw or input its full name or abbreviation.
4. Input the deposit address of the other BitHera user in the field on the right.
Please note that at this step, the “Transaction Fee” displayed will be charged only for withdrawals to non-BitHera addresses. If the recipient address is correct and belongs to BitHera accounts, after the transaction the “Transaction Fee” will remain in the wallet of the sender, and will not be detracted (the recipient instead will get the amount indicated as “You Will Get”)
*Note: the fee exemption and instant arrival of the funds can be realized only when the recipient address belongs to a BitHera account too. Please be sure that the address is correct and belongs to the BitHera account. Moreover, if the system detects that you are going to withdraw a coin with a memo, and the Memo field will be mandatory. You will not be allowed to withdraw without providing the memo; please provide the correct memo, otherwise, the funds will be lost.
5. Click on [Submit] to trigger the withdrawal confirmation email.
*Note: when you transfer a coin with a memo to BitHera, the memo is mandatory. So, in an internal transfer, when the system detects that a withdrawal is submitted without any memo (ticked the box No Memo), it will directly reject this operation, displaying the following alert. Please input the correct memo and retry.
6. Please log into the mailbox, double-check the withdrawal details in the email, and then click the [Confirm Withdraw] button.
7. Now the withdrawal is completed with success. The user may return to the BitHera website, click on [Wallet] - [Deposit & Withdrawal History] to find the withdrawal record. Please note that for internal transfer within BitHera, no Tx Hash will be created. The Tx Hash field will show [Internal Transfer] and the [Internal Transfer ID] of this withdrawal. If you have any doubts about this transaction, you may provide the ID to the customer service agents for checking.
We can also make a check at the balance in the sender’s wallet to confirm that the transaction fee has not been detracted.
III. Missing Withdrawals
I’ve made a withdrawal from BitHera to another exchange/wallet, but I haven’t received my funds yet. Why?
If you encounter an issue with your recently withdrawn assets still missing in the receiver platform, please check the corresponding withdrawal history tied to that transaction. For details about your withdrawals, please visit the [Deposit & Withdrawal History] - [Withdrawals]page in your User Center. Normally, a Tx Hash will be generated within 60 minutes, indicating that the transfer has begun on the corresponding blockchain. When the Tx Hash is generated, click to check its transaction status and confirmations on the blockchain. Here are the steps to follow:
If the blockchain shows that the transaction is not confirmed, please wait for the confirmation process to be completed. This varies depending on the blockchain network.
If the blockchain shows that the transaction is already confirmed, it means that your funds have been sent out successfully and we are unable to provide any further assistance on this matter. You would need to contact the owner/support team of the destination address to forseek further help.
If the Tx Hash has not been generated 6 hours after clicking the confirmation button from the e-mail message, please contact our Customer Support for assistance and attach the withdrawal history screenshot of the relevant transaction.
We will handle your case once we receive your requests.
IV. Withdrawal to a Wrong Address
Our system initiates the withdrawal process as soon as you click on the [Confirm Withdraw] button in the confirmation email. So please check the confirmation email carefully before confirming it. We cannot take your coin back in case you already confirm your withdrawal.